Friday, August 24, 2012

We are moving to Utah

You heard it right, we are moving.  You want the story? Ok... So Greg and I have been married for a year and a half now. We have been wanting to move into a house for so long. But let's back up.... I have been working at the Clackamas Costco for the past seven years as a part time Cashier. The last year I have been filling in as a supervisor a lot. Then there was a posting for full time supervisor and I was thrilled!! I thought this is finally my time! So of course I put in for it. I was smiling a lot at work and making sure I was top notch. I was confident I would get the position. Well then one day I got pulled in the office and low and behold..... I didn't get it. :( I was shocked! Ok, everyone was shocked. I took off a couple of days to gather thoughts and put myself back together. And when I came back to work....

There it was! The sign I was praying for! An opportunity to work at a brand new warehouse in
Spanish Fork Costco. I talked it over with Greg and we both knew this was right. So I put my transfer in very quickly and waited. I got a phone call a couple weeks ago that was from the warehouse manager. He asked me if I would accept a full time cashier position. I accepted.

Oh it's not over yet, keep reading!

On Monday I got a call from a different manager that offered me a full time refund clerk instead. I accepted. Then I talked to Greg about it. He was concerned I wouldn't be getting any supervisor shifts. Oh no! Did I already make a big mistake? I mean my goal is to become a supervisor. It didn't feel right. So I took matters into my own hands and called the warehouse manager the next day. I told him my concerns and he told me that he knows my goal of being a supervisor.

He called me back.... He asked "how would you like to be a full time Supervisor?". YES!!!!!!! Mission accomplished. He gave me my start date of October 17th.

We are ready and can't wait for this new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Tera this is such great news. Love your blog and look forward to hearing about your adventures. Congratulations on being pro-active in your pursuit.

    ReplyDelete